Saturday, February 18, 2012

Miss Haberdash and Grand Designs....

I first encountered this happy couple on Grand Designs. Their 500 year old barn starred in my favourite episode so far, and believe me I've seen a few!

The converted barn is a triumph, home, studio and gallery space for their fascinating collection of artifacts.

www.castoff.info/wedding.asp
The week after I came across their wedding photos on the knitting blog, Cast Off, what a hoot!  From the knitted cucumber sandwiches to bottles of champagne and confetti. No surprise then that Freddie Robins is an artist who uses knitting to, "explore pertinent contemporary issues of the domestic, gender and the human condition" See Miss Haberdash blog post, the art of embroidery for more of the art vs craft debate.

www.freddierobins.com/work_index.htm

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the links Miss H, I am a huge Grand Designs fan too. That barn is awesome, imagine having such an enormous space to work, play and live in! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete